You’ve said “yes,” and now you have so many decisions to make before saying “I do.” One of the biggest decisions to make for your big day is your flowers. You might question where you want to have flowers. Bouquets? Centerpieces? Aisle decoration? Alter decoration?” Another big question is what kind of flowers you want to have. When considering this question, it is easy to make mistakes. Today, we will discuss how to avoid common mistakes when selecting flowers for your wedding bouquet.
10 common mistakes to avoid:
- Trying too hard to replicate a bouquet.
- Not seeking or disregarding professional suggestions.
- Refusing to compromise on your desired selections.
- Not considering which flowers will be in season.
- Overlooking possible substitutions.
- Choosing a florist that doesn’t match your style.
- Using highly aromatic flowers.
- Not taking into account the optimal size of your bouquet.
- Forgetting to consider your dress.
- Limiting your color palette.
It’s natural to look for inspiration and come away with very fixed ideas. However, it will make the planning process much less stressful if you keep an open mind and understand that you may need to compromise certain leaves or petals depending on several different factors. Go ahead and fall in love with a general idea, and then find the right expert to work with who can help you mold that idea into the perfect bouquet for your specific situation.
The whole wedding process can be quite exciting. Avoiding these common mistakes when selecting flowers for your bouquet will help keep everything running smoothly. Now, let’s discuss in more detail how to avoid common mistakes when selecting flowers for you bouquet.
How to avoid these common mistakes:
- Find inspiration and use it to help guide your decisions.
- Listen to the professionals, they know what they are doing.
- Come at the situation with an open mind.
- Remember that your choice of flowers is influenced by seasons.
- Find substitutions for the out of season flowers you wanted.
- Look for a florist that matches your style, you will naturally trust them more.
- Avoid choosing multiple flowers that are highly aromatic.
- Remember that your bouquet is supposed to highlight you, not overshadow you.
- Don’t choose flowers/arrangements that will clash with the style of your dress.
- Use at least 2-3 colors to have more options and make your bouquet more dynamic.
A big factor in trying to avoid common mistakes when selecting flowers for your bouquet is choosing flowers that are naturally in season at the time of your wedding. Using in season flowers doesn’t have to limit you by color, shape or size. Make sure you talk to your florist about what you had in mind and ask how they can help you find in season flowers that will work as substitutions. Remember that your florist is your friend. As professionals, florists want to satisfy their customers in the best way possible. They will know what flowers are in season and which ones would be the best for you.
We, at Desna’s Designs, love serving our community and giving you memories that will last a lifetime. For tips on wedding bouquet design, contact us today.