Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. You choose the perfect dress that represents you and what you want. You’ve chosen flowers that would complement your dress and made them into a beautiful bouquet. You invited all of your closest friends and family to join you in celebration. Most importantly, you make a promise to your best friend to love them and be with them for the rest of your lives. There’s a way you can re-live that day for the rest of your lives! Let’s talk about the best wedding day preservation ideas & techniques!
Smile for the Camera
You pay a professional to make sure you get the best shots to capture the biggest moments of your big day. What about all of the small moments? How can you get these photos and also enjoy things from the perspective of the most important people in your life?
Set disposable cameras at every table with a label of explanation and let your guests capture the wedding from their point of view! You’ll be sure to have some silly and candid photos to add to the professional ones you’re paying for.
Display Your Guest “Book”
You invite the people who are most important to you. Guest books are a great reminder of who took the time to come and celebrate this huge step in your life. Why have them sign a book you’ll see on occasion when you could be reminded of your wedding on a daily basis? Opt-out of the traditional guest book! Go with something that can be displayed in your new home, on the wall or the coffee table.
Choose a custom canvas for your guests to sign. This could be in the form of a printed engagement picture, a custom portrait illustration with border room for signatures, a puzzle for guests to sign each piece, or even a rustic wood canvas with the first letter of your new last name. Whatever you choose, it will be a daily reminder of how loved you are!
Hang Your Cake
The tradition of the bride and groom cutting the cake together represents the actions they have promised each other for life. These promises are a good reminder of the reasons you wanted to marry your significant other. As food, the cake will not last forever. Is there a way to physically preserve your wedding cake for life? Yes!
Have a replica of your wedding cake made as an ornament that can be hung on your family’s Christmas tree every year! Of course, you can’t save the real thing, but you can save a representation. This ornament can act as a keepsake reminder before becoming a family heirloom.
Vow to Remember
The most important part of any wedding day is the reciting of the vows between the bride and groom. The vows are promises of what your future will hold together. Your vows will always have a special place in your heart, so, find a way to remind yourself of them every day.
Choose your favorite wedding portrait and have it presented with your vows in a beautiful display! You can combine the two on one canvas or display them individually but in an attractive way that works together.
Don’t Let Them Fade
After months of planning and anticipation, you have the perfect dress and bridal bouquet to make your big day memorable. Don’t let these memories fade! Both of these items can be preserved and kept alive for years to come.
Flowers naturally lose their life quite quickly, so how could you keep them as vibrant and beautiful as the day of your wedding? How could you display your flowers if you decide to have them preserved?
After finding the perfect dress, you wish you could enjoy it for longer than a day. Not handled or treated correctly, your dress will tarnish with age, turning yellow and maybe even developing holes in the fabric. How can you keep this from happening?
Professional preservationists, like Desna’s Designs, can help you achieve perfect results for wedding preservation. Whether you want to hang your flowers on the wall or put them on the mantle, there are display options for you. Whether you want to keep your dress perfect for use in future generations or to display in your home, these professional options are for you. Let Desna’s Designs take care of processes for you as the best wedding day preservation ideas & techniques for you!
Before you can have your flowers preserved, you have a few things you should consider doing in preparation. For the best results, you will want to think about preservation before your event is to happen.
- Go ahead and contact Desna’s Designs via phone call or contact forum.
- We will talk with you about your event date, get you on the schedule, and give you some pointers on what to do ahead of time in preparation for bringing your flowers for preservation.
- Doing this ahead of time ensures that your preservation is at first priority, ahead of any walk-ins. This means that preservation will start for your flowers as quickly as possible after your event, leading to better results.
Maybe you didn’t think about preservation that far in advance.
- Contact us as soon as possible to get started on the process.
- Even if you did not schedule in advance we will get started on your flowers as soon as the schedule will allow and they will be handled with just as much importance and care.
No matter your situation, there are some tips for all brides to follow regarding the preparation of preservation.
- For vase arrangements and bouquets: Immediately following your event, put your flowers in water after trimming the stems and place them in a cool room, without too much sunlight (to slow the aging process).
- For corsages and boutonnieres: Immediately following your event, spritz the flowers with water or wrap them in a damp paper towel (soak the paper towel with cool water and wring it out) to allow moisture to aid in longer survival.
- We recommend all brides bring extra flowers (from bridesmaid bouquets, centerpieces, etc.) to receive better quality.
- Bridal bouquets can be restored from wear with blooms from the other arrangements at no extra charge.
Dress to Impress
Dress preservation takes less effort from you than floral preservation, but these tips are good to remember for best results.
- Bringing in your dress with your flowers will more likely end with your products finishing at the same time.
- At no extra cost, you can add five items to your dress box.
- Examples: shoes, hair pieces, veils, belts, jewelry, garters, etc.
- At no extra cost, your gown will be professionally cleaned at the beginning of the preservation process.
Your wedding day is really important to you, don’t let your memories fade, preserve them!
For carrying out the best wedding day preservation ideas and techniques Contact Desna’s Designs!